WEBSITE & E-MAIL PRIVACY STATEMENT
Mount Dora Christian Academy and its affiliated organizations (such as athletic booster and alumni groups) respect your privacy. The academy maintains and provides a wide array of web sites operated by the academy or third parties on behalf of the academy (hereafter referred to as Web Sites). Also, the academy distributes to faculty, staff, alumni, friends, prospective students and others e-mail messages that are closely linked to one or more of Mount Dora Christian Academy’s web sites. This statement expresses the academy’s approach to privacy in these arenas.
Student Education Records
Mount Dora Christian Academy complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which generally prohibits the release of student educational records without student permission.
In the course of using the Web Sites, you may choose to provide information to the academy via web forms, e-mail or other electronic means. Personally identifiable information submitted will be used only for Mount Dora Christian Academy’s related purposes. Mount Dora Christian Academy will not sell this data to outside parties.
Requests for information and information submitted via forms on Web Sites will be directed to the appropriate staff to respond to those requests and may be recorded to help us improve our site to better respond to similar requests.
Mount Dora Christian Academy may use this information in any investigation of a potential violation of the academy’s policies and procedures or as required by federal, state or local law.
Server Logs and E-mail Tracking
- Mount Dora Christian Academy Web Sites generally log activity usage of our Web Sites.
- Such logging includes, but is not limited to:
- Hostname – The hostname and/or IP address of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, “user-agent” – The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it is running on.
- HTTP header, “referrer” – The referrer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page.
- System date – The date and time of the user/client request.
- Full request – The exact request the user/client made.
- Status – The status code the server returned to the user/client.
- Content length – The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method – The request method used.
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) – The location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URI – Anything after the question mark in a URI.
- Protocol – The transport protocol and version used.
- E-mail address – In some cases, the e-mail address of the intended recipient of an e-mail may be logged when a link is accessed inside of an e-mail.
Mount Dora Christian Academy regularly uses analysis and reporting tools to evaluate web server logs and e-mail tracking to understand usage and effectiveness of our Web Sites and e-mail communications. These tools are used to evaluate aggregate usage and analyze trends. Mount Dora Christian Academy, by practice, does not engage in monitoring or tracking the activities of individuals. The academy may use log information in any investigation of a potential violation of Mount Dora Christian Academy policies and procedures or as required by federal, state or local law.
Some Mount Dora Christian Academy Web Sites enable you to pay for products or services online with a credit card or other electronic payment mechanism. Unless otherwise noted, these transactions are encrypted. It is the academy’s practice that confidential financial information you provide will be used only for the purposes described in that transaction, unless an additional use is specifically stated on that site. Data provided specifically to facilitate credit card or other electronic business transactions are retained only for a reasonable time to effect the transaction. Mount Dora Christian Academy makes reasonable efforts to comply with federal, state and local laws.
All Mount Dora Christian Academy Web Sites conform to this privacy statement unless an alternative privacy statement is explicitly provided on that site.
Mount Dora Christian Academy Web Sites and e-mails may provide links to non-Mount Dora Christian Academy web sites. The academy is not responsible for the content, privacy policies or practices on those sites.