Search for people on this page
Thank you for your cooperation at the game Friday night! Everything went smoothly for the most part and our Bulldogs started off with a 55-7 win over Faith Christian. This week is a special week for our boys. Friday night we will honor our 13 senior football players in a ceremony before kick-off of the game. Everyone is invited to the ceremony before the game. Gates will open at 6:00 p.m. this week. The ceremony will begin at 6:15 p.m. And finish at 6:45 p.m.. After the ceremony, teams will finish their warm-ups and kick-off will take place at 7:30 p.m.
1. Ticket Sales - All ticket sales will be done online for football games. The ticket purchases will be through Eventbrite. The week of each game, we will send out a link where tickets can be purchased. This link will be sent out via email, posted on our school website, and posted to our social media platforms.
There will be no ticket booths open on Friday nights to accept any form of payments and there will be no ticket sales taking place on the night of the game. All tickets will be sold or reserved online, in advance. It is advisable for you to go ahead and purchase tickets when the link is released since we are only able to fill our stadium to 50% capacity. Tickets will be limited and I wanted to give our families the opportunity to purchase before opening sales to the general public.
***We have to account for every person present in the facility so, if you have children ages 4 and up that are MDCA students, they will need to pick up a free student ticket from the secondary office on Friday morning (day of game). The tickets are first-come, first-serve and they will need their student ID and the paper ticket to enter the stadium.***
*** We are only giving out 50 staff/student tickets per week depending on ticket sales for that week. If your student does not receive a ticket, one will have to purchase for them to attend.***
2. Masks and social distancing - It is required that you have a mask with you in the stadium facility. Masks may be removed when distanced from others. Proof of mask required for entry. We are asking that all spectators remain distanced from one another and discourage standing around in open areas of the stadium. We will have seats blocked off to assist with the social distancing process however, we are asking that only family members from the same household sit within close proximity to one another.
3. Temp checks and screening questions - Prior to entering the facilities all athletes, coaches, officials, and spectators will be temperature checked and must answer the COVID screening questions within the guidelines of the CDC for entry. Individuals who do not pass the screening will not be allowed to gain access to the facility. Please note temperatures must not exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Gates - There will be two gates open to enter the facility. At each gate, we will have two individuals checking temperatures and two individuals checking online tickets that are either printed or on a device. Must have proof of ticket purchase for entry. Tickets will be validated on your device as you enter. Gates will open this week only at 6:00 p.m.
5. On the field guidelines - No one other than essential personnel will be allowed on the field or sideline at any time this season. All essential personnel are required to wear a mask while on the sidelines. Designated personnel must have appropriate pre-approved credentials to gain access. This includes photographers, media, community, and family members. During the game, media personnel should stay on track or in end zone areas. Media personnel will not have access to the sideline during the game. The media may do post-game interviews if social distancing can take place during the interview. Once the game has concluded, NO ONE will be allowed through the fence to access the field. All spectators are asked to exit the facility as soon as the game has ended. If you are meeting a player after the game for any reason, we ask that you meet them in the gym parking lot after they have been dismissed by their coach.
6. Passes - Those individuals with season passes purchased from Eventbrite are the ONLY passes accepted this year. No additional passes will be accepted at this time unless approved ahead of time by the AD. No FHSAA coach passes will be accepted at this time.
7. Live streaming of the game- The game will be live-streamed on the NFHS network. Please visit www.NFHSnetwork.com and search for Mount Dora Christian Academy.
8. Concessions - We will be serving Chick Fila sandwiches, hotdogs, fries, nachos, chips, candy, and drinks.
9. Chairs - You may bring your own chairs if you wish to sit on the hill for social distancing
10. Away games - Only two members of each athlete's family (including children) will be permitted to attend the away games. Vouchers will be handed out the week of the game for entry into those facilities. Please tune in live to watch our Bulldogs play when we travel to The Master's Academy and Orangewood.
Thank you for your attention to these items listed above and your understanding of MDCA trying to navigate athletics in the middle of a pandemic! While it does present some challenges and will keep us from enjoying some of the things we have always enjoyed, we are so excited to be able to watch our Bulldogs compete. As always, if additional information becomes available, I will pass it along to you. Go Bulldogs!
The Mount Dora Christian Academy Athletics Program
The Mount Dora Christian Academy Athletic Program is used as an outlet for students to grow and develop as athletes and Christians. A variety of athletics teams are offered for students beginning in 6th grade. Our experienced coaches not only teach our athletes the fundamentals of their sport, but they also encourage teamwork and time management skills to ensure students are maintaining their grades and managing their classwork. MDCA coaches build stronger relationships with their student-athletes by encouraging students to study the Bible as a team. For students in grades K-5 after-school leagues such as football and soccer are offered and meet weekly.
Mount Dora Christian Academy is a member of the Florida High School Athletic Association. For more information visit the FHSAA website. In order to participate in MDCA Athletics, an FHSAA Physical Form must be completed and returned to the Secondary Office.
Own a piece of history at the new Tom Jett Field at Bulldog Stadium!
At the center is Founders Square and the Bulldog Monument. This is the perfect place to create a lasting legacy for you, your family, or a loved one, and support MDCA! Take this opportunity to purchase a Brick paver or have your name engraved on a plaque under the Bulldog. Bricks are $100 and tributes on the monument begin at $2500. Either can be paid through payroll deduction, cash, or credit card. Monument gifts may be spread over 3-5 years.
Bricks have up to 3 lines of text, with a maximum of 15 characters per line (including spaces). When placing your order, please indicate how you would like your brick to read. Email Tim Deem for more information and to make your purchase!
Cross Country Schedule