The Admission Process
Welcome to Mount Dora Christian Academy!
With the help of our admissions team, you'll learn how to become a bulldog. Enter into a lifelong community dedicated to academic distinction using a faith-based approach.
"At MDCA we seek excellence; in the classroom, on the field, on the court, on the stage, and in life." - Lori Hadley, Head of School
Step 1: Schedule a Visit
Personalized tours are offered daily. Enjoy a walkthrough of our beautiful 72-acre campus including classrooms and facilities. Schedule your personal tour in advance by contacting our Admissions Office at 352-720-0355 or complete the form below to request more information. We look forward to meeting you soon!
We invite prospective students to experience a day in the life of an MDCA student. Students in grades K-12 will be partnered with a current MDCA student in their grade level that will accompany them throughout the day. Interested students may schedule a shadow visit prior to May, Tuesday through Friday. Shadow days are scheduled at the discretion of teachers and based on availability. To reserve a student shadowing session, contact Natalie Yawn at [email protected] or 352-720-0355.
Step 2: Apply
Applications are open for the 2021-2022 school year. If you have any questions do not hesitate to call us at 352-720-0355.
The next step in the admissions process is to complete an online application. A non-refundable fee of $125 must be submitted with each application. Applying is easy and should take about 10 to 15 minutes! Please allow the admissions office 24 to 48 hours to process your application.
Applicants should demonstrate evidence of success in a traditional classroom setting, proficiency at the 50th percentile or higher in reading and math on standardized testing including our entrance test, and have a minimum of a 2.3 unweighted GPA. Other factors include acceptable conduct and attendance record as well as character and morals consistent with MDCA’s mission of Educating for Life and Eternity.
Step 3: Collect Documents
Your child’s application will be complete when the following documents have been submitted to the admissions office:
- Transcript (grades 6-12) or end of year report cards (K-5): Records Request Form (3 year minimum of course listing and grades)
- Standardized Test results (past 3 years minimum)
- Discipline Records (if there is no discipline record please have the school indicate in writing)
- Accommodation Plan if applicable (includes IEP, 504 plan, psycho-educational assessment results, or any other school-issued support services plan)
- School Recommendation Form completed by a previous school principal, assistant principal, or guidance counselor
- Personal Recommendation Form completed by a current English or Math teacher
- Personal Recommendation Form completed by a recent Minister for the church congregation to which you belong
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Physical Exam Form or FHSAA el02 (sports physical for grades 6-12) completed by a physician and dated within one year
- Custodial Parent/Guardian documentation if applicable
Step 4: Register for Admissions Testing
Applicants are required to take a grade level admissions test to demonstrate proficiency in reading and math. Applicants applying for Kindergarten and 1st grade are required to take a norm-referenced test at MDCA. Applicants applying for 2nd through 12th grade are required to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). There is one testing date per month beginning January 30th. The cost is $140. To register your child for testing, contact the admissions office at [email protected] or go to iseeonline.erblearn.org.
Our testing dates for 2021 are January 30th, February 20th, March 27th, April 24th, May 22nd, June 26th, July 10th, and July 24th.
Step 5: Admission Decision
The student's file will be presented to the admissions committee for consideration. Decisions are made in mid-February, mid-March, and possibly in mid-April if space allows. After May 1st, contact the admissions office for availability. Once an admissions decision has been made you will be contacted via email.
Step 6: Enroll
Congratulations on your student’s acceptance to Mount Dora Christian Academy!
**Typical admission season runs October-May. However, MDCA is able to accept qualified applicants year-round for immediate or mid-year transfer provided there are sears available. Call or email the Admissions office if you would like to inquire about an immediate or mid-year transfer June-January.