Welcome to Mount Dora Christian Academy!
Our school is a unique place where a level of excellence and compassion challenges the mind and touches the spirit.
Rigorous academics may be found in many places, but the MDCA difference is that teaching is Christ-centered in every classroom and activity.
Selecting a school for your child is an important step towards shaping his or her future. We sincerely appreciate your inquiring about Mount Dora Christian Academy. We would like to assist you in reaching your goals and dreams for your children.
Step 1: Schedule a Visit
Our campus is open for tours daily! Please fill out the form below.
For more information, contact Natalie Yawn at 352-720-0355 or [email protected] to request.
Step 2: Apply
Applications are open for the 2021-2022 school year. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call us at 352-720-0355.
The next step in the admissions process is to complete an online application. A non-refundable fee of $125 must be submitted with each application. Applying is easy and should take about 10 to 15 minutes! Please allow the admissions office 24 to 48 hours to process your application.
Applicants should demonstrate evidence of success in a traditional classroom setting, proficiency at the 50th percentile in reading and math on standardized testing including our entrance test, and have a minimum of a 2.3 unweighted GPA. Other factors include acceptable conduct and attendance record as well as character and morals consistent with MDCA’s mission of Educating for Life and Eternity.
Step 3: Collect Documents
Your child’s application will be complete when the following documents have been submitted to the admissions office:
- Transcript: Records Request Form (3 year minimum of course listing and grades)
- Standardized Testing (past 3 years minimum)
- Discipline Records (if there is no discipline record please have school indicate in writing)
- Accommodation Plan if applicable (includes IEP, 504 plan, psycho-educational assessment results, or any other school-issued support services plan)
- School Recommendation Form completed by a previous school principal, assistant principal or guidance counselor
- Personal Recommendation Form completed by a current English or Math teacher
- Personal Recommendation Form completed by a recent Minister for the church congregation to which you belong
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Physical Exam Form or FHSAA el02 (sports physical for grades 6-12) completed by a physician and dated within one year
- Custodial Parent/Guardian documentation if applicable
Step 4: Register for Admissions Testing
Applicants are required to take a grade level admissions test to demonstrate proficiency in reading and math. Applicants applying for Kindergarten and 1st grade are required to take a norm-referenced test at MDCA. Applicants applying for 2nd through 12th grade are required to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). The cost is $140. To register your child for testing, contact the admissions office at [email protected] or go to iseeonline.erblearn.org.
Step 5: Admission Decision
The student's file will be presented to the admissions committee for consideration. Decisions are made in December, February, and March. After June 1st, contact the admissions office for availability. Once an admissions decision has been made you will be contacted via email. Upon acceptance to MDCA, you will complete the online Enrollment Packet and then create your RenWeb and FACTS tuition account.
Step 6: Enroll
Congratulations on your student’s acceptance to Mount Dora Christian Academy!
**Rolling Admissions: Typical admission season runs October-May. However, MDCA is able to accept qualified applicants year-round for immediate or mid-year transfer provided there are sears available. Call or email the Admissions office if you would like to inquire about an immediate or mid-year transfer June-January.