Welcome to Mount Dora Christian Academy!
Our school is a unique place where a level of excellence and compassion challenges the mind and touches the spirit.
Rigorous academics may be found in many places, but the MDCA difference is that teaching is Christ-centered in every classroom and activity.
Selecting a school for your child is an important step towards shaping his or her future. We sincerely appreciate you inquiring about Mount Dora Christian Academy. We would like to assist you in reaching your goals and dreams for your children.
Step 1: Schedule a Visit
We offer several opportunities to tour the MDCA campus, including Walk-In-Wednesdays, our upcoming Open House on Nov. 3, and individual campus tours.
To speak with our Admissions Office, please contact 352-720-0355 or by email: [email protected]
Step 2: Apply
We encourage families to apply online as it simplifies submission and provides parents a tool for tracking online the status of their admission after their application has been submitted. A non-refundable fee of $125 must be submitted with each application. Applying is easy!
Applicants should demonstrate evidence of success in a traditional classroom setting, proficiency at the 50th percentile in reading and math on standardized testing including our entrance test and have a minimum of a 2.3 unweighted GPA. Other factors include acceptable conduct and attendance record as well as character and morals consistent with MDCA’s mission of Educating for Life and Eternity.
Step 3: Collect Documents
Your child’s application will be complete when the following documents have been submitted to the admissions office:
• Transcript (3 year minimum of course listing and grades)
• Standardized Testing (past 3 years minimum)
• Discipline Records (if there is no discipline record please have school indicate in writing)
• Accommodation Plan if applicable (includes IEP, 504 plan, psycho-educational assessment results, or any other school issued support services plan)
• School Recommendation Form completed by previous school principal, assistant principal or guidance counselor
• Two Personal Recommendation Forms one must be from a previous math or English teacher and one completed by a non-family member such as a Pastor, Teacher, Coach, Scout or Club Leader, etc…
• Certified Birth Certificate
• Immunization Record
• Physical Exam Form or FHSAA el02 (sports physical for grades 6-12) completed by a physician and dated within one year
• Custodial Parent/Guardian documentation if applicable
Step 4: Schedule Admissions Testing
All applicants are required to take MDCA’s standardized admissions assessment, Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) in Math and Reading. Testing sessions are administered on Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30am.
Step 5: Admission
Admissions decisions will be made by the appropriate school principal. During peak enrollment and re-enrollment season, admissions decisions may take several weeks to process. Upon acceptance to MDCA, you will complete the online Enrollment Packet and then create your RenWeb and FACTS tuition account.
Step 6: Acceptance Procedures
Congratulations on your student’s acceptance to Mount Dora Christian Academy. If your child is entering grades 6-12, please take the time to complete these Important Next Steps prior to their first day to ensure a smooth transition.
**Rolling Admissions: Typical admission season runs October-May. However, MDCA is able to accept qualified applicants year-round for immediate or mid-year transfer provided there are spots available. Call or email the Admissions office if you would like to inquire about an immediate or mid-year transfer June-January.