Welcome to Mount Dora Christian Academy!
Our school is a unique place where a level of excellence and compassion challenges the mind and touches the spirit.
High academics may be found in many places, but the MDCA difference is that teaching is Christ-centered in every classroom and activity.
Selecting a school for your child is an important step towards shaping his or her future. We sincerely appreciate you inquiring about Mount Dora Christian Academy. We would like to assist you in reaching your goals and dreams for your children.
Step 1: Schedule a Visit
Our Admissions Director, Natalie Yawn, would be honored to give you and your family a tour of the MDCA campus. Check out our new state of the art science building equipped with the latest technology for our students to use to enhance their education experience.
To speak with our Admissions Director, please contact Natalie Yawn by phone: 352-383-2155 Ext. 261 or by email: email@example.com
Step 2: Apply
We encourage families to apply online as it simplifies submission and provides parents a tool for tracking online the status of their admission after their application has been submitted. A non-refundable fee of $125 must be submitted with each application. Applying is easy!
Step 3: Collect Documents
Your child’s application will be complete when the following documents have been submitted to the admissions office:
• Copy of report cards for the current and previous year and documentation of promotion.
• Copy of official transcript
• Copy of most recent standardized test scores
• Copy of student’s conduct record
• Recommendation Form completed by previous school administrator
• Two Character Reference Forms completed by a non-family member; Pastor, Teacher, Coach
• Copy of Certified Birth Certificate
• Copy of Immunization Records (Blue Form: HRS-680)
• Copy of Physical (Yellow Form: HRS-3040) dated within one year
• Copy of accommodation plan if applicable
• Custodial Parent/Guardian documentation if applicable
Step 4: Schedule Admissions Testing
All applicants are required to take MDCA’s standardized admissions assessment, Measures of Academic Progress(MAP) in Math, Reading, and Language Arts. Testing sessions are administered on Wednesdays at 1:30.
Step 5: Admission
Admissions decisions will be made by the appropriate school principal. During peak enrollment and re-enrollment season, admissions decisions may take several weeks to process. Upon acceptance to MDCA, you will complete the online Enrollment Packet and then create your ParentsWeb and FACTS tuition account.
**Rolling Admissions: Typical admission season runs October-May. However, MDCA is able to accept qualified applicants year-round for immediate or mid-year transfer provided there are spots available. Call or email the Admissions office if you would like to inquire about an immediate or mid-year transfer June-January.